- the types of personal data that we collect about you
- explains how and why we collect and use your personal data
- explains how long we keep your personal data for
- explains when, why and with whom, we will share your personal data
- sets out the legal basis we have for processing your personal data
- explains the effect of refusing to provide the personal data when requested
- explains the data protection rights you have when it comes to the processing of your personal data
- explains how we may contact you and how you can contact us
What personal data do we collect?
- We collect various types of personal data, depending on how you share your information with us
- Full personal details shared on a CV, including name, address, DOB, contact details etc
- Social Media contact information such as Twitter ID, Skype ID, LinkedIn Profile etc
- National Insurance and Bank Account Details
- Next of Kin
How do we use your personal data?
Information which you supply to us may be used in a number of ways, for example:
- To assist with work finding services
- To fulfil our obligations as a recruitment business and employer
How long do we keep your personal data for?
- 6 years from the last contact, unless you have asked us to remove your details
- Some information is maintained for a mandatory period of 6 years in order to comply with legislation, however if there is no such requirement, your data can be deleted, upon request
Who do we share your personal data with?
- Clients in order to introduce a work-seeker
- Candidates’ former or prospective new employers that we obtain or provide references to
- Any third parties who carry out audits to ensure that we run your business in line with legislation
- Clive Owen as our Payroll service provider, who manages our payroll
- Vintage Financial Planners as our service provide for pension processing
- Any umbrella companies that a candidate specifies they would like to use
- Other recruitment agencies in our supply chain (e.g. master/neutral vendors and second tier suppliers)
- Our insurers
- Our IT and CRM providers
- Any public information sources and third party organisations that may be use to carry out suitability checks on work-seekers e.g. Companies House, the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), DVLA
- Government, law enforcement agencies and other regulators e.g the Police, Home Office, HMRC, Employment Agencies Standards Inspectorate (EASI), Local Authority Designated Officers (LADOs), GLAA
- Trade unions
- Any of our group companies; and
- Any other organisations an individual asks us to share their data with
However, your personal data will not be shared with any third party without your prior consent.
What legal basis do we have for using your information?
- Your consent
- Where we have a legitimate interest
- To comply with a legal obligation that we have
- To fulfil a contractual obligation that we have with you
What happens if you do not provide us with the information we request or ask that we stop processing your information?
If you do not provide the personal information we need, we may not be able to provide you with the service you require.
Please be aware that you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to be informed about the personal data the Company processes on you;
- The right of access to the personal data the Company processes on you;
- The right to rectification of your personal data;
- The right to erasure of your personal data in certain circumstances;
- The right to restrict processing of your personal data;
- The right to data portability in certain circumstances;
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data that was based on a public or legitimate interest;
- The right not to be subjected to automated decision making and profiling; and
- The right to withdraw consent at any time
How do I request that my personal data is not processed by Techconsult UK Ltd
Please contact Sarah Taylor using the contact details above
How will we contact you?
We may contact you by phone, email or social media. If you prefer a particular contact means over another, please just let us know.
How can you contact us?
If you are unhappy with how we’ve handled your personal data, or have further questions on the processing of your personal data, contact Sarah Taylor, Sarah.Taylor@techconsult.co.uk or 01642 456300
You also have the right to raise concerns with Information Commissioner’s Office on 0303 123 1113 or at www.ico.org.uk or any other relevant supervisory authority should your personal data be processed outside of the UK, if you believe that your data protection rights have not been adhered to.