Environmental and Quality Technical Manager
Are you Degree qualified in a Science based discipline with appropriate qualifications in environmental and/or quality management?
This is a rare opportunity to join an International Utilities organisation in a position that is a business critical for our client. The role requires an influential candidate, who is multi-skilled in Environmental and Quality Management.
You will be responsible for all Environmental affairs across our client’s assets and also perform the role of Laboratory Manager overseeing the day to day operations. This is to ensure on time and accurate analysis to internal and external customers.
- Lead environmental support across the whole of the site and have a thorough understanding of existing and upcoming environmental legislation
- Formally report on the environmental performance of the site to external bodies
- Ensure that all environmental events and incidents are appropriately investigated
- As the Technical specialist for the company you will ensure a suitable environmental management system exists and all staff follow appropriate standards, procedures, best practices and monitoring to ensure that the company remains within compliance at all times
- Provide specific technical leadership, advice and solutions (including their full implementation as appropriate) on all environmental matters with the aim of further improving the environmental performance of the company
- Perform the role of Quality Manager, providing internal audits as required to support the accreditation status with external bodies such as UKAS and LRQA
- Deputise for the SHE Manager as required
- Manage compliance to the Energy Saving Opportunities Scheme (ESOS) via the accreditation to ISO50001
- Graduate in a Science based discipline with appropriate qualifications in environmental and/or quality management
- Several years’ experience in Operations
- Chartered Status with an appropriate organisation
- Excellent communication and report writing
- Knowledge of analytical techniques and processes
- Strategic thinker with proven ability to translate complex topics and legislation into workable solutions
- High Credibility both inside and outside the company alongside government based agencies
- Ability to work methodically, with high attention to detail
- Strong problem solving skills and a highly organised worker
Techconsult UK Ltd operates as both an 'Employment Agency' and 'Employment Business'