Do you hold a HNC or time served in Mechanical/Electrical or Process Engineering Discipline with experience in a site based management?
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join an International utilities organisation within their Waste-to-energy facility in Teesside.
As a vital member of the Site Leadership Team this role holds responsibility for managing a team of multi-disciplined maintenance personnel, and several specialist contracting organisations. This role is to ensure that the maintenance plans on the facility are set and managed for both condition monitoring and PPM strategies.
- Lead the Maintenance Department in undertaking site based electrical and mechanical tasks
- Ensure all maintenance duties are completed in line with environmental regulations and site quality standards. Engaging with external regulatory bodies such as the HSE and Environmental Agency when necessary
- Coordinate the site wide implementation of a Reliability Centered Maintenance strategy whilst promoting RCA in Electrical and Mechanical disciplines
- Participate in monthly Maintenance Managers and Technical meetings, providing reports on operational activities
- Produce shutdown summary reports on major overhauls and asset management programmes including proposed improvements
- Ensure that all assets are operated and maintained in accordance with design protocols
- Utilise the maintenance management systems to maintain a sufficient level of spares in line with the asset management programme
- Participate in the training and developing of maintenance staff to their full potential
- Deputise for the Operations or Plant Manager at times of absence or when necessary
- Support and promote a safety culture and a safety conscious attitude across all areas of the facility
- Manage multiple teams of contractors, ensuring safe adherence to safe working procedures and manage the P2W system.
- HNC or time served in Mechanical/Electrical or Process Engineering Discipline
- Experience in a site based management, supervisory or team leader role within a process, energy or manufacturing environment is essential
- Extensive experience in Mechanical and/or Electrical maintenance and engineering procedures is required
- Previous working experience within a Waste to Energy environment would be highly desirable
- Knowledge of legislative/Codal requirements, working knowledge of Environmental Legislation with SHE awareness.
- A Health and Safety qualification is desirable, i.e. NEBOSH
- A commercial awareness and understanding of cost control and contractor management
- Good report writing, communication and meeting skills, along with advanced IT skills
Techconsult UK Ltd operates as both an 'Employment Agency' and 'Employment Business'