SectorCivil / Construction
Do you have NEBOSH qualifications and experience within the Civil / Construction industry?
If you have a practical and safety focussed mindset and you are looking to build a career that lasts, with a company that has firm foundations and big plans for the future, then this could be the perfect role for you.
You’ll be part of one of the North’s leading civil engineering companies. A family-run business who has gained a strong reputation for building lasting relationships. Their Health, Education, Retail and Highways clients trust them to deliver projects with uncompromising safety and quality. And their people know that their deep commitment to development means that they can turn their ambitions into achievements.
- Reporting to the HSQE Manager, you will be entrusted to complete site audits and distribute, monitor and improve HSQE procedures across several contracts, ranging from £100k up to £15M+. You will also be collating Health and Safety statistics across all sites, supporting site managers to ensure that they provide the necessary information to comply with current regulations including: Power Tool Vibrations (HAV’s), Work Equipment (PUWER), Lifting Operation and Equipment (LOLER), etc.
- This role is for a confident advisor able to direct, influence and guide construction site workers as well as senior managers, to ensure that Health and Safety is paramount in every task undertaken. This also extends to influencing suppliers, ensuring that best practices are met and that all the company’s policies and procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Succeed and there’s huge potential for promotion, with every opportunity to progress to become part of the Senior Management Team, influencing the future direction of Health and Safety in this growing organisation.
- First, you need to be enterprising and self-motivated – you know how to identify potential issues before they arise, and you will be skilled in auditing to the necessary construction standards and regulations.
- Secondly, you’re co-operative with a can-do approach, someone who works well in a small team and takes the initiative to resolve issues.
- Finally, you’re happiest when you’re on site; yes, you need a firm grasp of the paper trail within this role, but this isn’t a job for someone who wants to be stuck behind a desk.
- You’ll call on your NEBOSH qualifications and working experience as a SHE Advisor in the civil engineering or construction industry. You will have also acquired a thorough understanding of site auditing and your experience is likely to span groundworks, roads, sewers, surfacing and reinforced concrete framework, however all construction backgrounds will be considered.
To find out more:
There’s lots more we can tell you about the company’s supportive culture, ambitious plans and the generous rewards package on offer – they’ll pay the right salary for the right person plus company benefits and a contributory pension.
For full details, you can speak in confidence to, Steve Guest on 01642 456300 or email: email@example.com
If you don’t have an up to date CV, it’s not a problem; send me what you have and we can start from there.