Assistant Mechanical Engineer
Do you hold a HNC/HND in Mechanical Engineering and experience working in an engineering or maintenance environment?
Our client is an engineering solutions company that provides support and management services to companies in the Oil & Gas, Power Generation and Process Chemical Sectors. Due to development and expansion they have a permanent vacancy for an Assistant Mechanical Engineer to support the Mechanical Engineer in the safe and efficient management of mechanical engineering and maintenance activities.
- Be active and commercially focussed in supporting running plan, outage planning, preparation, management and implementation
- Within a timely manner you will ensure that relevant statutory and legislative compliance is achieved
- On issues relating to mechanical engineering, you will act as an authority to the mechanical and other departments
- Keep all aspects of mechanical engineering best practice, industry trends, and statutory requirements up to date e.g. PSSR, LOLER, PUWER, design codes and standards etc.
- You will contribute to Engineering, Maintenance and Mechanical Section meetings, team objectives and mechanical and general policies and procedures
- It is essential that you hold a HNC/HND in Mechanical Engineering but a Degree or Chartered Status would be preferred
- Experience working in an engineering or maintenance environment including knowledge of; Maintenance & contract management, PSSR’s, legislative, insurance compliance etc.
- Development and implementation of strategies experience as well as projects & initiatives across technical, commercial & other areas
- Ideally hold Power generation, gas or oil operational knowledge & work experience
- You will be skilled in Microsoft Office packages and ideally computerised maintenance management packages
Techconsult UK Ltd operates as both an 'Employment Agency' and 'Employment Business'