Principal Scientist - Analytical Development
Do you hold a Degree in an Analytical Science, Biotechnology, Chemistry or related discipline and have industrial experience?
Based in Teesside our clients are specialists in the project management of some of the most complex and challenging new technologies in the industrial bioprocessing sector. Their team specialise in consultancy services to clients across the UK to develop new products and improve current processes with the aim of providing a commercially viable/improved production process. Due to continued success our client is now looking to recruit a Principal Scientist to lead the Analytical Development team.
- Provide expert knowledge and know-how in analysis and measurement to support development and troubleshooting of existing and new methods
- Manage and mentor staff, provide technical leadership, direction and continuous development opportunities
- Understand the state-of-the-art in the application of analytical science in the Industrial Biotechnology sector
- Coordinate and deliver the analytical requirements of a diverse range of projects, highlighting the resources required and inputting into project scoping and costing activities
- Candidates must hold a Degree in an Analytical Science, Biotechnology, Chemistry or related discipline
- Preferable you will hold a PhD qualification within Analytical Science or Biotechnology
- Hold relevant industrial experience and possess team management experience
- Knowledge and practical experience in the development and application of analytical methodologies associated with chemical and biotechnology processes including; HPLC, GC, AAS, IC, LC-MS and GC-MS
- Experience or knowledge within Metabolomics and Proteomics would be an advantage