Do you hold a BSc in Microbial Fermentation, Biology or Microbiology with a focus on development of Microbial Fermentations?
Our client produces sustainable chemicals within a Fermentation and Biotechnology marketplace. Due to increased activity and the establishment of their new facility based in Teesside our client is now looking to recruit a Research Assistant who holds expertise within Microbial Fermentation.
- Running and maintenance of laboratory scale fermentation equipment
- Develop fermentation procedures and protocols for day to day activities
- Help to design experiments to fermentation specialists, analysing and interpreting data
- Able to analyse fermentation samples using microbiological and analytical techniques such as plating, cell counts and knowledge in analytical techniques such as HPLC is a plus
- Trouble shooting of fermentation processes
- Hold a BSc in Microbial Fermentation, Biology or Microbiology with a focus on development of Microbial Fermentations and candidates who hold a MSc will be preferred
- Hold at least 2 years hands-on experience within fermentation ideally in an industrial setting or academic background with experience will be considered
- Experience in working with various fermentation modes including batch, fed-batch continuous with strong understanding of microbial physiology
- Hold experience with process equipment and lab scale processing issues
- Excellent organisation and communication skills
- Willing to work outside normal working hours when is required
Techconsult UK Ltd operates as both an 'Employment Agency' and 'Employment Business'