Do you have a Science/Engineering/Material Science Degree and proven experience on managing programs of work of new materials?
Our client is a leading research and development company based in Teesside who are developing a novel product for a number of markets. Their product will be used and dispersed in composites, polymers and coatings, and used to add advanced properties to other materials in many different industries.
The Project Manager position will be responsible for the development, installation and then assist in the commercialisation of a new technology. This technology combines traditional ink jet printing to precisely deliver our client’s product specifically where it is required.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead in the development of this technology through the proof of concept phases, installation of a demonstration unit and then full scale industrialisation
- Develop a costed project plan to meet the needs of the business
- Execute the project plan using internal and external resources
- Assist the Commercial Director to introduce the technology to external customer base
- Develop a product database performance
- Identify additional business opportunities with adjacent technologies
- Work closely with technical staff and other colleagues as appropriate.
- A Science/Engineering/Material Science Degree
- Proven experience on managing programs of work of new materials
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and budgets
- An understanding of Polymers and Composites industries is preferred
- Strong communication skills both internally and externally, communicating effectively with a range of contacts from CEOs through to R&D Technicians
- Prepared to travel on a regular basis, and have the enthusiasm and ambition to drive along a new business
- Take clear accountability and responsibility for the Project
Techconsult UK Ltd operates as both an 'Employment Agency' and 'Employment Business'