Are you a Degree qualified engineer with previous management experience in the Chemical manufacturing sector?
Techconsult are assisting with the recruitment for a worldwide manufacturer of chemical products with major facilities throughout Europe, ASIA and the US.
Working with their customers, they pride themselves on driving innovation and growth which enables them to develop new product streams via their multiple business units.
Our client requires an experienced Engineering Manager with a passion for leading Maintenance initiatives, delivering Major Projects and Overhauls to support a vital chemical manufacturing site in Teesside. This post is also a key member of the Site Leadership Team.
- Direct and assist in the resolution of all technical engineering problems, ensuring the continuous improvement of safety, reliability and cost performance of the site assets
- Ensure asset integrity and reliability targets are met whilst managing full compliance with statutory requirements
- Develop the Engineering team to ensure they meet their full potential and maximise their contribution to business performance
- Work in closely with the Purchasing team to maintain cost effective service level agreements and contracts with external vendors
- Define the maintenance and operating budgets, monitoring costs to ensure targets are met, whilst auctioning corrective measures where required
- Manage the Capital Project Programme
- Act as the key member of the Site Leadership team driving strategic improvements throughout the site.
- Degree qualified engineer with previous management experience in the Chemical manufacturing sector
- Excellent leadership skills
- A passion for driving and delivering innovative engineering/maintenance strategies
- Good knowledge of high hazard regulations and Codal compliances within the Chemical sector
- Strong commercial skills with the ability to build strong working relationships with external suppliers and commercial colleagues
- Ability to lead a variety of site engineering projects and supporting Overhaul and TAR Activities.
- Structured, systematic and target driven
- Ability to work under pressure and to communicate well at all levels
- An eye for detail and desire to make improvements for the benefit of the site
- Be able to influence others and develop staff at all levels
- High ethical awareness and integrity
Techconsult UK Ltd operates as both an 'Employment Agency' and 'Employment Business'