Do you have previous experience of fabrication from a heavy engineering or manufacturing environment?
Techconsult are assisting a client who has a strong history in the fabrication of heavy engineering projects for the Oil & Gas, Subsea, Offshore, Chemical, Renewable and Rail sectors. Due to continued expansion of their team in their Teesside office they have an immediate opening for an experienced Estimator and/or Senior Estimator to join their team.
- Reporting directly to the Sales Director you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring the company’s sales revenue and targets are met by managing customer enquiries
- Undertake material take-off’s
- Obtain material and sub-contract prices
- Estimate labour content
- Prepare proposal / quotations
- Follow up quotations and build relationships
- Prepare routings for orders to ensure efficient progress in production
- Carry out handovers to production
- Prepare variations to contracts.
Qualifications, Knowledge & Experience:
- In-depth knowledge of Fabrication within a Heavy Engineering environment
- Previous working experience in the Subsea, Oil & Gas, Offshore or Chemical Sectors
- Time-served Engineering Apprenticeship and/or other appropriate qualifications from a fabrication background
- Recent Estimating experience is required for this position
- Skilled user of MS Office packages with advanced knowledge of MS Excel
- Candidates with AutoCAD experience would be preferred, but is not essential.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated individual with a friendly, confident and open manner
- Independent and resourceful
- Structured, systematic and target driven
- Task-focused and diligent approach to time-bound projects and activities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; client-facing and interpersonal skills
- Excellent social skills and cultural awareness
- Creative and analytical
Techconsult UK Ltd operates as both an 'Employment Agency' and 'Employment Business'