Technical Plant Manager
Are you degree qualified in an Engineering related discipline, with working experience in a Chemical Manufacturing or Oil & Gas processing environment?
Techconsult is undertaking the recruitment for a worldwide manufacturer of chemical products with major facilities throughout Europe, Asia and the US.
Working with their customers, they pride themselves on driving innovation and growth which enables them to develop new product streams via their multiple business units.
Our client requires an experienced Site Engineer with a passion for leading technical and operational improvements, and being the ‘Go To’ contact on a vitally important top tier COMAH chemical manufacturing process plant in Teesside.
- Work closely with multi-disciplined site teams to identify and lead improvements across the site
- Supervise a small team of Process Coordinators to achieve targeted manufacturing outcomes
- Identify and implement improvements to the plant reliability, through procedural developments, systems and training
- Deliver coaching and support to Shift Teams, in the resolution of specific process problems, and quickly identify root causes to drive improvement initiatives
- Assist the Plant Manager in the production, implementation and auditing of procedures to ensure compliance with Environmental, Health and Safety, Quality Assurance requirements
- Responsible as the key shift contact for raising concerns or discussing changes / improvements
- Act as the “Main Controller Support” and “Incident Controller Support” as part of the site emergency response team.
- Degree qualified in an Engineering related discipline, with working experience in a Chemical Manufacturing or Oil & Gas processing environment
- An appreciation of EHS and Process Safety Standards within a high hazard environment is essential and direct involvement in Permit to Work systems would be desirable
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to influence others without direct line reporting responsibility
- Experience in leading RCA, Reliability Engineering and Process Improvements within a high hazard manufacturing/process environment is required
- Chartered Engineer Status would be preferred, however full support to become Chartered will be given to the successful candidate.
- Structured, systematic and target driven
- Ability to work under pressure and to communicate well at all levels
- An eye for detail and desire to make improvements for the benefit of the site
- Be able to influence others and develop staff at all levels
- High ethical awareness and integrity
Techconsult UK Ltd operates as both an 'Employment Agency' and 'Employment Business'