Process Safety Manager
SectorProcess / Petrochem
If you have successfully implemented and maintained process safety management systems on a Upper Tier COMAH site, get in touch
Based in the North East our client works globally with companies in the Pharmaceutical Industry. They offer services across an entire product lifecycle and assist with API Development and Manufacturing services. Due to continued success our client is now looking to recruit a Process Safety Manager to successfully implement and maintain process safety management systems and provide technical input and leadership to plant, process and operational HSE management.
- Ensuring compliance with CoMAH, DSEAR, ATEX etc.
- Manage major accident hazard identification and risk assessment processes such as: QRA, SIL assessment, occupied buildings risk assessment etc.
- Take ownership and authorisation of process safety procedures and contribute to the creation and revision of other procedures as required
- Develop and deliver training on process safety issues
- Managing active and reactive monitoring systems relevant to process safety, e.g. reporting on performance indicators, participating in incident investigations
- Conduct workplace inspections, audits and investigations as required
Experience & Qualifications
- Candidates will hold a minimum Degree qualification within; Chemical or Process Engineering or Chemistry
- Holding H&S qualifications such as NEBOSH Certificate/Diploma would be an advantage
- Must hold experience in a Manufacturing or Production environment within an upper tier COMAH establishment
- Knowledge of batch chemical manufacturing techniques is required
- Experience of formal hazard assessment techniques such as Hazop and Hazan
- Knowledge and experience of major accident hazard identification and risk assessment processes