Chemical Process Engineer
SectorProcess / Petrochem
Are you a qualified Chemical Engineer who has experience in problem solving and improvement strategies on high hazard COMAH sites?
Our client is a global process operator local to Teesside who are looking to expand and develop their site-based technology team. As the Process Engineer you will focus on improvement and development activities for the site, providing technical expertise and problem-solving skills while having a focus on product grade differentiation and end-use application.
- Facilitate and own technical production and quality issues, identifying solutions and improvements
- Challenge plant manufacturing performance to understand the best achievable capacity, costs and product quality
- Identify plant improvements, initiate and drive completion of plant modifications and improvement activities to strengthen operating effectiveness of the plant
- Ensure manufacturing projects meet the operability and safety requirements while acting as commissioning engineer on assigned projects
- Carry out plant trials with the manufacturing team, ensuring technical and safety assessments are carried out in a timely manner
Experience & Qualifications
- Candidates will hold a minimum Degree qualification within Chemical Engineering
- You will be a Chartered Engineer or be working towards this
- It is essential that you hold experience working on Chemical COMAH / high hazard sites
- Ability to analyse complex technical issues, propose practical solutions and have a demonstrated background in driving continuous improvement
- Hold knowledge of manufacturing improvement strategies and approaches such as: OEE, Six Sigma, Lean, etc.
- Ideally you will hold some experience within Chemistry, however not essential
- You will be a motivated Engineer who aspires to grow and develop through a business, this role comes with plenty of development opportunities up to management level