Fermentation Process Engineer
If you are a qualified Chemical Engineer with extensive experience in Fermentation Processing, preferably at pilot plant scale, why not get in touch
Our client produces sustainable chemicals within a Fermentation and Biotechnology marketplace. Due to increased activity and rapid expansion of their facility based in Teesside our client is now looking to recruit a Process Engineer who holds skills, knowledge and experience within Fermentation processes.
- Assist in the optimisation of fermentation processes through experimental design, planning and execution
- Develop and improve downstream processes at bench, pilot and commercial scales
- Develop and implement potential novel processes to improve production rate, yield and operating efficiency
- Assist with equipment selection, procurement, installation and start-up
- Perform process modeling and simulation to optimise and predict performance at various operating conditions
Experience & Qualifications:
- Candidates will hold a PhD, MSc or BSc in Chemical Engineering, ideally with a focus on Fermentation
- You will hold around 5-10 years of relevant industry experience in process engineering
- Hold expertise in operating and optimising biochemical-reactors or fermentation processes, preferably at pilot plant or manufacturing scale
- Knowledge of downstream processing equipment such as: centrifugation, UF/DF, multi-effect evaporation, extrusion, spray drying, etc.
- Be willing to travel, a significant part of this role will involve travel outside of the UK to assist in the commissioning of a new plant, however, you will hold an overall focus at their Teesside plant